eyes have grown tired of the neon hues that took over in 2012. suddenly, emerald green feels like a breath of fresh air. mature, but still playful, it carries itself well as an accent colour. or turn it into a neutral backdrop for power blue, gold, violet, raspberry.
being in the centre of the spectrum, green strikes the eye in such a way as to require no adjustment whatsoever and is, therefore, restful. it is the colour of balance and harmony.
rest, rejuvenate, reinvent with emerald green.
1. emerald & yellow gold ring for her by EVS 2. 'ichibana linee ovale' by Gordon Webster 3. 'there will always be another Ozymandias' by Eveline Kolijn 4. modular wall unit by Roche Bobois 5. spring '13 by Burberry 6. spring '13 by Burberry 7. resin box clutch by Chanel
- Anastassiya Vassilyeva
MODERN minimalism does not have to be cold. O
TRANSITIONAL can be warm & intimate, or it can be elegant & sophisticated, striking a perfect balance between contemporary & classic.
1. 'janelle at one second' by Jason Eng 2. 'red ripe' by Julia Reimer 3. becker beach monocarpet by Henzel 4. bullfrog GERMANY model 6605 COLETTE sectional 5. 'fraser at one second' by Jason Eng 6. half half chair by SINTESI 7. Uniquities french oak dining table 8. half half chair by SINTESI 9. TINO container by SINTESI
TRADITIONAL is not about opulence, it is the harmony which has been perfected over the centuries. It is comfort rooted in integrity of the materials & the beauty of the classic silhouette.
1. bullfrog GERMANY model 1007 SESSEL chair 2. Uniquities Pair of French Plasterer's Trestles as Floor Lamps 3. ANTIQUE lattice panel cabinet circa 1860 4. New York Farmhouse by architect Gil Schafer as featured in Architectural Digest 5. Faces of Alberta - Brad the Ranch Hand by Noah Fallis 6. Faces of Alberta - Phil the Businessman by Noah Fallis 7. Faces of Alberta - Dale the Ranch Hand by Noah Fallis 8. bullfrog GERMANY model 6607 CAPE sofa 9. green pastures by Kim Bruce
I think orange should be the official colour of happiness. There is something about it that never fails to make me smile. As Jonathan Adler would say, "Orange looks like you're living the California Dream". When Pantone released their colour of the year, Tangerine Dream, I was ecstatic. It was the perfect time for a burst of red-orange delight! I ordered myself a peach bellini and began to ponder the possibilities of this lovely new trend in design.
1. beacon by Bee Kingdom 2. 17-1463 TCX tangerine tango colour swatch by Pantone 3. Amanda Wakely spring / summer 2012 collection 4. atelier buenos aires carpet by Henzel 5. pandora containers by SANDER MULDER 6. only a life of love by David Brunning 7. carrera sofa by BBB 8. contemporary black & orange kitchen 9. tangerine
- Miranda Young
while Darcy and Greg were in Miami, i kept thinking of warm sunshine and ocean waters they are surrounded by. yellow and blue, gold and aquamarine - the colour haunted me from local flower shops to billboards, from spring '12 runways to the new works of our local artists. and even though the weather in Calgary has been mild, it is not quite beach-y just yet.
so here it is, my Miami mood board.
p.s. there is a breeding population of Blue-and-Yellow Macaw in Dade county, Miami. coincidence?
1. mixed media by Darcy Lundgren 2. arm chair by bullfrog Germany 3. interior houzz.com 4. blown glass by Julia Reimer 5. encaustic by Kim Bruce 6. interior houzz.com 7. yellow tulips 8. Blumarine Spring 2012 9. sideboard NOW & then 10. Nicholas Kirkwood Spring 2012 11. blue-and-yellow macaw
- Anastassiya Vassilyeva